Monday, August 11, 2008
Obsession
I am aware that my obsessive behaviors are purging in other ways. For some reason, I have to read one book every day. In the past few days, I have visited the library at least twice daily, walking there to get some exercise, finding solace in the outdoors, the movement, the fresh air, yet I don't take the time to enjoy my environment. I literally walk the however many blocks with my nose in a book. I enter the library with at least two books to drop off, and I peruse the aisles for more books to read. I'm starving to read. I want more and more, scared that if I stop, I will want to eat. I feel naked without a book in my hands, words soaking my eyes. I have anxiety over reading; tonight, I dropped off the book I read yesterday as well as the one I read this morning, and while I was there, I picked up nine more books. I came home by 7:45, and I'm almost finished with a book called Appetites. It focuses on anorexia. I am so fixated on the subject of eating disorders. I feel like I have to finish this book and at least start another book before I go to bed tonight. The beast in the cage is rattling ... I'm so tired of living in my mind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment