Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Drugged
I slept nine consecutive, undisturbed hours last night - but I woke up exhausted. My new sleep medication is called Trazodone, and my doctor prescribed one 50 mg tablet before bed. I started off taking one to one-half tablets of Ambien at 5 mg, then bumped up to one tablet of 12.5 mg of Ambien CR. Now I'm up to 50 mg!! I have been awake for almost 6 hours, and I still feel groggy; my body is giving off flu-like symptoms. Everything feels achy, my head is throbbing on the left side, my forehead is warm, and my throat glands are swollen and sensitive. Is it the medication or my body's reaction? Yesterday my tummy was going haywire every time I ate or drank anything. The good news is my anxiety level has flattened, almost like I'm stuck in Savasana after 90 minutes of yoga. I'm ready for my body to accept my healthy choices my mind is making. I don't want to be drugged for the rest of my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment