Monday, August 11, 2008

August 12, 2001

Journal entry:  19 years old

Tonight, as we sat down to dinner - my mom only preparing meals for she and my dad (thanks to my request) - my mom started hinting at her weight.  She said, "I got on the scale at the gym today and I don't know if it's right."  She waited a minute, and then my dad said, "I'm sure it is or it isn't, whichever one you want it to be ... I'm sure it is."  It was quiet for a minute, and then he said, "Well, did you weigh more or less?"  "LESS," she replied, "and I'm not even exercising as much."  You would think that since I've told her about my sickness, she would be more comforting.  Why is she trying to compete with me?  I always feel uneasy and worse about myself when I am around her.  She came into my room this morning and asked me if I wanted to go shopping.  I said yes, and then brought up the idea about buying a desk.  My dad offered to purchase a nice one for my new apartment, but I turned down the offer because I didn't want to intercept the desk he was also planning on buying for himself.  My mom told me I can have the junky desk in the basement.  It was quiet, and finally she walked out and slammed the door.  Today, after we finished shopping, she said, "I guess we don't have any money left for the desk."


No comments: