Friday, August 22, 2008

Leaps and bounds

I commit to my new meal plan:

Breakfast: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 dairy, 1 protein, 1 fat
Lunch: 1 starch, 2 veggies, 1 protein, 1 fat
Snack: 1 dairy, 1 fruit
Dinner: 1 starch, 2 veggies, 1 protein, 1 fat

My sponsor delivered some scary news to me today.  She considers kidney beans to be a starch, which means I can no longer eat these as my protein.  I have to eat chicken.  I am going to attempt to eat one portion of chicken with Mathias that I have not prepared myself this weekend.  We are going to the grocery store tonight to buy all of the foods I will need for the week.  This is going to be so difficult for me.  I know it's just chicken, but I haven't really digested chicken in 10 years (except for Ridgeview).  This is a testament to surrendering my control over the food ... and eventually the weight.

Great news is my sponsor offered to have lunch together once a week at her house.  It's such a relief to be able to eat with someone who knows what to prepare, what portions to put on a plate, and how to make each person comfortable while eating their meal.  I'm excited!

No comments: