I'm sure you're shocked to read I took the initiative to attempt this treatment, seeing as how every time I see a camera I run screaming, making any excuse to not participate in the snapshot, creating a scene so affable I wind up looking like a baffoon caught picking its nose. Regardless, I captured my body from the camera's perspective this morning, before eating or drinking, and found the images minimally harmful. I cringed most sourly when I saw my stomach, most bitterly from the peripheral view, but the obsessive thoughts did not follow me out the door as I ferreted to my morning meeting.
Now, unfortunately, the time being 2:30 pm, the insane compulsion is going buck-wild, flipping a light-switch in my brain on and off, on and off, berating me for the extension of my belly. I have yet to eat lunch. On my way to my meeting this morning, I stopped a fair number of times, delivering fliers about the ABA meetings to corkboards dispersed around popular coffee shops in the city. My last stop was Central Market, a healthy, mainly organic grocery store located just a couple of blocks from my meeting site. The establishment did not have a corkboard, unfortunately, but I did manage to purchase a bottle of sparkling water and 4 dried pineapple rings, reassuring myself all was fine, this was my breakfast, it's only fruit and water.
The meeting lasted until about 12 pm, and from there I trailed my bike back towards our house, stopping at CVS on Guadalupe to fill my Ambien prescription, my sleeping patterns still plagued with dreams of pizza binges and crinkled nerves. I also diverted a few other stops along the way, leaving trails of fliers at Spiderhouse and Starbuck's as I saw fit, advertising health to maintain my own. I almost made it home around 1:30, but I decided to stop at Whole Foods to purchase some more water, knowing full well there wasn't any at home. I perused the aisles while nursing my sparkling water, stopping at the bulk aisle containing the pineapple rings. I shouldn't have looked at the nutritional information, but I was compelled - 96 calories per ring! And I had consumed 4 for breakfast. For not being a calorie counter, my behaviors are raising a cause for concern.
I took an image of my belly when I got home. I have it on the digital camera for you to see. I look like I'm 4 months pregnant, and I've only eaten 4 pineapple rings and 2 bottles of water today. Tell me, how do I eat my lunch now?
No comments:
Post a Comment