Thursday, July 17, 2008

Second day

Tuesday 5:45 PM:

Thank you for your email.  I cannot believe how endless your support has been, and you're right in saying the struggle is just beginning.  I had a difficult time falling asleep last night, so to occupy my mind I started reading, which didn't help, so I tried writing, which made me even less tired.  I finally turned out the lights, turned on my itunes to a channel that streams peaceful music - just like the cd's you bought for me when we first started dating.  I don't remember having difficulty falling asleep after that. 

I woke this morning a little overwhelmed but determined.  I practiced yoga at home with the DVD's I've owned for over 5 years.  Then I rode my bike to a group meeting, which was so helpful.  I have found many more resources that I never knew were available in Austin.  There is a specific ED group on Sunday night I am going to attend.  Every member encouraged me to call them after I shared my story, and I actually have.  This is a huge step for me.  It is almost 6 o'clock, and I am still binge free.  I have plans with my friend Nora tonight, so she will also be a big help.  I can tell I am becoming more antsy because I am more aware of my body.  I feel uncomfortable with my size right now, but I  know this will ease over time.  I'm just planning my recovery in hour increments because it is proving successful.

xoxo

1 comment:

Megan said...

I couldnt be more proud of you right now, Steph! Keep it up!!