Thursday, July 31, 2008

5-year pattern

Another journal entry I wrote during undergrad - I remember writing this in the library on the 3rd floor at UAB

I was studying management today and there was a theory based on five principles of needs.  It said the deficit of one basic need thwarts human beings from advancing to the next need.  The fundamental need is survival mechanisms, such as food, water, etc.  Therefore, based on this theory, my life is useless until I overcome my eating disorder.  I have a colossal deficit in a primeval need.

The table next to me, ironically, is discussing their therapists.  I feel so conventional, so generalized.  What is my direction?  I need to brainstorm on the idea of a novel.  I deserve to succeed in my work.  I want to write about a girl my age who overcomes her eating disorder.

You never contemplate unhappiness until you experience it yourself.  The spectrum then shifts to consume your every thought.  You analyze the levels of happiness of everyone around you.  You try to model your lifestyle around the people who seem the happiest to you, but then jealousy takes hold, superimposing you, and you lose control of someone else's grasp on life.  Combatting the evil voices inside your head is exhausting at first, but then your body becomes immune.  The voices are competing at octaves inaudible to human ears; their frequency transmitting waves at such a high intensity it would be indecipherable to the common man.  

No comments: