Thursday, September 4, 2008

Inspiration

Sorry for my ineptitude: I'm packing, moving, painting, reading, going to yoga, eating and then eating more.  I should not let this get in the way of my writing.  Today marks 7 weeks and 3 days of abstinence.  Still in a state of disbelief.  I've been having urges to binge this week on foods like soups, breads, etc.  Mainly carbohydrates.  I'm proud of myself for signing up for the 30 day yoga challenge.  I can really feel the affects both physically and mentally.  Week 7 is restoration.  Yesterday I ate eggs and a bagel for breakfast, a whole can of kidney beans with a tomato for lunch, and a couple pieces of broccoli and one pineapple ring for dinner.  I know, not enough, but I worked until late and didn't want to eat an entire meal before going to bed.  Plus I had lunch around 3.  Excuses, excuses.  Regardless, that's a large amount of food for me in one day.  And I feel okay.  My stomach is thicker than it normally is, but I will survive through today.  I read this and it rekindled my want for writing.

"But it would be worth the risk, worth failing, if I could find words to tell our story and also keep us covered inside it, work us invisibly into the fret, the warp and woof of the story's design, safe there, connected there as words in perfect poems, the silver apples of the moon, golden apples of the sun, blue guitars."

- John Edgar Wideman Weight

No comments: